Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Great Day at Granddaddy's

We had a blast today at my granddaddy's.  The boys and Traci rode the 4 wheeler.  Rianne did not want to ride it.  The boys rode with both Mike and granddaddy.  Mike took them on the country roads and Granddaddy took them through the woods and showed them different things.  I heard they seen peacocks, roosters, and even puppies that were only 2 weeks old. 

I heard about granddaddy's days in the Air Force and about his family when he was growing up.  I even heard storys about when my dad and his brothers were growing up, from his point of view.  I heard them from my grandmother and it is cool to hear it from his side. 

We then went to Shoney's for dinner.  It was really good and the kids liked going.  Granddaddy told me while I was there that it was a great day and a blessing for us to come and see him.  He told me he didn't see me much when I was growing up, but he ALWAYS loved me.  I was almost in tears.  I do remember going up and visiting him as a kid and riding Dusty, our horse.  We even reminisced when I slapped a fly on Dusty and she reared back and started to run.  I didn't know you couldn't slap a horse, I was trying to help her, LOL.  I have not been on one since that day =)


ENJOY THE PICTURES!!!

Granddaddy, Me, and Margie
Michael Jr, Robert, Rianne


Granddaddy and Me


Michael on 4 wheeler


Mike and Robert on 4 wheeler


Granddaddy and Michael Jr.


Robert and Granddaddy


Pecan Tree Granddaddy planted in 1941


Baby squirrel that feel out the Pecan Tree, died about 20 minutes later =(


Robert built a "city" with Lincoln Logs


I am SO glad that my children and I got to visit him.  Michael Jr. was in TEARS not wanting to leave with us.  He wanted to stay a few days with Granddaddy and Margie.  We are going to let him stay a few days in September before soccer games start.  He was OKAY with that option but still sad to leave. 

I think this will be a monthly event for the family to go up for the day and enjoy the country life!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time!!! The pictures are great! Let me know next time you guys plan to go and maybe we can come with you guys! ;)

    ReplyDelete