Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lunch with Great-Grandaddy!!

Claude A. Taylor does Grits with Grandparents the Friday before Grandparent's Day.  So, I called my granddaddy to see if he want and could come to breadkfast with the boys.  He said he couldn't come for breakfast because he lived an hour and a half away and the traffic would be horrible but would LOVE to come to lunch with them.  So, my boys were estatic.  They couldn't sleep the night before and were up really really late.  Lunch with Robert class is 11:20 and Michael's class goes at 11:30.  I worked it out with Michael's teacher to sit with Robert class when he came into the cafeteria. 

The next morning went off as usual, and I get a phone call at 10:30 from the front office telling me my granddaddy was there.  I was surprised he was there so early.  So, I walked to the front office to see them and I talked them into seeing my dad at Waffle House for 45 minutes and then come back.  My dad only works about 5 minutes from the school so it was not out of their way.  I went back to class to teach again. At 11:15 I walk back down to the office to walk them to Robert's class.  Robert was SO excited and even wrote granddaddy a note.  I don't know what it said, and when I asked him he said, "It was to Granddaddy."  Michael joined them at 11:30 and they had a GREAT lunch and a GOOD time together. 

I loved that my Grandaddy was able to do this with them.  I know they will ALWAYS remember this. 


1 comment:

  1. that's really special for all of them.
    great job working it all out.

    ReplyDelete