Monday, May 9, 2011

Westin Lake, with Pack 343 (4-9-2011)

Mike and the boys went camping out at Westin Lake and had a good time. Rianne and I stayed home and had a "girl's night". Sonya, Rianne and I went to Applebee's for dinner, then Rianne and I came home and watched The Sound of Music. The next morning, Sonya, Rianne and myself went to the campgrounds after my Biggest Loser Bootcamp. We all went out to McEntire Base and learned all about the helicopters on base. Michael Jr. made up his mind that he wanted to be a chinook pilot with the Air Force and Robert has had his mind made up for a VERY long time, being a police officer in the Navy. I am a very proud mom to have both my boys wanting to be in our military. Now, back to the camping trip...Michael caught his very first fish. I, of course, was the one with the bright idea I would take the kids fishing off the dock while Mike stayed at camp and helped cook. We were only down there for 10 minutes or so and he had a fish, meaning I had to take it off the hook. It was a really funny sight seeing me taking it off the hook, because everytime it flopped about I dropped it. It took me a few minutes and a lot of tries but I got it. Both boys had a BLAST camping and fishing. Robert has not caught a fish yet but we take them fishing once a month so it will happen, hopefully soon.


Michael the helicopter pilot!

Rianne looking out of the "copter"

Robert messing with the control's even though he was told NOT too :-)

Sitting in the back of the chinook :-)

Waving for a picture.

He was SO happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment